In 2006, the Higher Education Web Professionals Association first incorporated as a non-profit professional society devoted to its mission: we strive to advance web professionals, technologies, and standards in higher education. In the more than 10 years since, the Association has grown and evolved as we continue to serve our members, conference attendees, and fellow web professionals.
We are now inviting nominations for new members for the HighEdWeb Board of Directors, to help shape the future of the Association.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association, working to create and manage policy, coordinate business issues, and manage the growth and prosperity of HighEdWeb. The Board meets (virtually) each month to discuss updates and issues, and works to lead various Association initiatives year-round.
Board members help shape the future of our profession, and steer the vision for the Association as a representative of our members. Board members also earn the recognition of a leadership position in a highly-regarded, internationally-acknowledged professional body.
Board Member Criteria
Our criteria for selecting new Board members is based on evaluation of the following. Please know that we are looking for “best-fit” candidates: we will evaluate nominees based on their overall strengths, understanding that no one nominee may perfectly meet all of the below.
A nominee must:
- Be an active, current Professional-level member of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association, or be willing and eligible to become an active member before the time of their appointment.
- Be currently employed at a higher education institution.
- Have volunteer experience with HighEdWeb or its properties and/or events (as a presenter, committee member, regional organizer, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of established web standards, best practices and tools.
- Look to take a leadership role in both HighEdWeb and in the web profession as a whole.
Preferred: Have previous committee or board experience, particularly that of serving on an organization’s governing body such as a Board of Directors or Advisory Council.
You may nominate yourself and supply us with the required information, or you may nominate someone else and we will contact them for their acceptance of the nomination and further details. Nominations will close on March 23, with notifications happening no later than April 26.
Use the nominations form to nominate yourself or someone else.
Many thanks for your interest in the Higher Education Web Professionals Association and for all that you’ve done to grow our community over the years. We are proud to be members of a strong community — as always, the Association by and for higher ed Web professionals.