Call for board nominations: Help lead HighEdWeb!
HighEdWeb is looking for candidates to serve on the association’s Board of Directors. Check out the job description for a full list of responsibilities, duties and qualifications.
The HighEdWeb board advances the association’s mission of educating digital professionals working at higher education institutions. Board members govern the association and help shape its future.
Members are invited to nominate candidates for the board or to self-nominate. Know someone who would be a great fit for the Board of Directors (or is that person you)? Complete the nomination form to nominate yourself or another HighEdWeb member by March 12, 2021.
Board member responsibilities
The HighEdWeb board meets virtually each month. Outside of meetings, board member responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance to HighEdWeb committees
- Working on strategic planning initiatives throughout the year
- Championing the association’s strategic vision, direction and plan
- Providing a welcoming community for HighEdWeb members by participating in community discussions, association Slack channels and events
Attending events such as the Annual Conference is encouraged, but not required, for board members.
Board member qualifications
A full list of required and preferred qualifications for board members is available in the Board of Directors position description. Board nominees must:
- Be an active, current professional-level member of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association, or be willing and eligible to become an active member before the time of their appointment; free general membership for higher education professionals, or employment at an institutional-member school would meet this requirement
- Be currently employed at a higher education institution (including institutions outside the U.S.)
- Have volunteer experience with HighEdWeb or its properties and/or events (as a presenter, committee member, regional organizer, etc.)
- Have an ability to complete work on time with little oversight
Want to know more about serving on the HighEdWeb board? Contact the nominating committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.