Position Title: Operations Director
Reporting to the President of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association (www.highedweb.org), the Operations Director is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Association and its volunteers. The Operations Director will work with the Board of Directors to facilitate the implementation of a strategic plan, and lay the groundwork for further growth of the Association.
This is a part-time position for 20 hours/week, with an initial contract appointment of 2 years and strong possibility of extension. This position will work remotely.
- Coordinate with Board-initiated strategy to devise procedures, implement tactics and set measurements to meet and monitor the goals of the Association.
- Serve as point of contact to ensure effective collaboration and communication between various committees and entities of the Association.
- Work to support HighEdWeb project timeliness and success.
- Serve as a key staff leader for the Annual Conference, including acting as contract and logistics coordinator before, during and after the Conference; ensuring major milestones are achieved by Conference and Program committees; representing the Association as liaison with stakeholders such as conference venue staff, and more.
- Identify and secure resources necessary to achieve the Association’s goals.
- Keep the President and Executive Committee informed of any critical issues that arise.
- Maintain official records of the Association.
- Oversee the administration of Association CRM and other systems.
- Serve as main contact for vendors & merchants whose services HighEdWeb contracts.
- Assess inbound communications and requests; route or resolve as appropriate.
- Coordinate the budget and financial operations of the Association consistent with policies and standards established by the Treasurer and/or Board of Directors.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Engage in professional development through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development, and attending courses and/or training,
- Adhere to the HighEdWeb Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum three years experience working in a not-for-profit and/or higher education environment as an employee or board member.
- Minimum three years experience in financial management.
- Effective written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with volunteers, members, and Board of Directors.
- Ability to use and adapt to various technologies, including Microsoft Office, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, web content management systems (CMS), Skype, Google applications and tools, Basecamp, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working as a project manager while managing multiple simultaneous projects.
Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Related degree in business, management, accounting or related area
- Advanced degree or certification
- Knowledge of the Association, particularly
- Experience as a current or former members of the HighEdWeb Board of Directors (as of September 1, 2017)
How to Apply
Please submit electronic copies of your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 6, 2017. Applications not including all requested materials or submitted after this initial application date may not be considered.
* Note: Successful applicants will be subject to a background history investigation checks and credential verification.
About Hiring at HighEdWeb
It is the policy of HighEdWeb not to discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, gender, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status in employment, and in the treatment of members and employees in any program or activity administered by any of its units. HighEdWeb is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Upon request, HighEdWeb provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.