The Higher Education Web Professionals Association is inviting nominations for new members of the HighEdWeb Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association, working to create and manage policy, coordinate business issues, and manage the growth and prosperity of HighEdWeb. The Board meets monthly to discuss updates and issues, and works to lead various Association initiatives year-round.
As a Board member, one enjoys a role in shaping the future of our profession, and the opportunity to steer the vision for the Association as a representative of the membership. As well, one earns the recognition of a leadership position in a highly-regarded, internationally-acknowledged professional body.
Board Member Criteria
Our criteria for selecting new Board members is based on evaluation of the following. Please know that we are looking for “best-fit” candidates: we will evaluate nominees based on their overall strengths, understanding that no one nominee may perfectly meet all of the below.
A nominee must:
- Be an active member of the Higher Education Web Professionals Association in the Professional or Honorary Member categories, or be willing and eligible to become an active member.
- Be currently employed in a Web-related field at a higher education institution.
- Have volunteer experience with HighEdWeb (as a presenter, committee member, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of established Web standards, best practices and tools.
- Look to take a leadership role in both HighEdWeb and in the Web profession as a whole.
Preferred: Has previous committee experience, particularly that of serving on a governing body such as a Board of Directors or Advisory Council.
You may nominate yourself and supply us with the required information, or you may nominate someone else and we will contact them for their acceptance of the nomination and further details. Nominations will close on January 1, 2015.
Nominate yourself or someone else: http://www.highedweb.org/highedweb-board-of-directiors-nomination-form/
Many thanks for your interest in the Higher Education Web Professionals Association. We are proud, as always, to strive to advance Web professionals, technologies and standards in higher education, and to be members of a strong community — as always, the Association by and for higher ed Web professionals.
Questions? Contact HighEdWeb President Colleen Brennan-Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Board Nominations Chair Jennifer Shurkus at email@example.com